security surveillance and visitor management solutions
across the globe.
30 April, 2019 | Nader Fathi
Kiana presented at DHS S&T Cybersecurity and Innovation Showcase 2019.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) awarded Kiana two projects to provide Customs and Border Protection (CBP) with key technologies. We are privileged and honored to be DHS S&T Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP) portfolio company.
Project-1: Enhance CBP passenger screening technology. Kiana Analytics approach is to leverage their technology and expertise in real time location and security analytics, to facilitate the entry process and to enhance the traveler experience. See DHS Press Release.
Project-2: Develop technology to enhance CBP’s counting and measuring capabilities, based on the Kiana Engage solution: wifi location tracking and presence analytics. See DHS Press Release.
– Situational Awareness: provides communication of critical information and alerts to all
officers and mobile teams
– Force Multiplier: officers can share multimedia information, create alerts, view visitor
behavior and trends camera to rapidly assess conditions
traffic and alert staff to safety and crowding issues
– Improved staffing: provides trend and real time data to properly position officers
– Support Airport and other official stakeholders: data sharing platform can improve visibility of site traffic for other venue improvements
– Security Enhancement: visibility of employee and visitor venue utilization to manage
DHS S&T Cybersecurity and Innovation Showcase:
Kiana presented and demonstrated its IoP-Sec (Internet of People Security) framework at the DHS S&T Cybersecurity and Innovation Showcase March 18-20, 2019 in Washington DC.
At this event, more than 1,000 attendees gathered together to learn about DHS S&T’s cybersecurity research and development (R&D) and innovation efforts and discuss cybersecurity challenges in an aggressive threat landscape. In all, there were more than 150 presentations from DHS S&T-funded researchers, international partners, and representatives of startups working with the DHS SVIP.
This conference was a productive event, filled with excellent information, partner visits and engaging conversations.
For more information visit www.kiana.io, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-800-961-4522