The Field Application and System Engineer (FAE) role is designed to be the front-line solution support for Kiana’s customers, partners and sales team. Kiana FAEs are highly trained in enterprise software, networking, wireless and network applications. They are experts in the Kiana application on each network platform. The Kiana FAE is committed to ensuring that our customers, partners and integrators successfully design, implement the Kiana Application Platform.
Based in Kiana HQ in Sunnyvale, California
The FAE role reports to the VP of Operations and works closes with sales and engineering teams.
Provide technical support and expertise to Kiana sales teams, our customers, our partners and integration companies who are designing, installing and using the Kiana Analytics Platform. Collaborate with our sales team on customer engagements, proposal development, installations, and often participating in sales presentations and demonstrations. Work with customer’s engineering team to solve technical, operational and configuration challenges. Provide feedback to Kiana sales, product and engineering teams. Support test bed and Proof of Concept deployments.
Responsibilities include technical management of accounts; participating in the project life cycle including definition, design, software porting, reviews, bring-up and ongoing support; strong collaboration with engineering on issue resolution; preparation and delivery of technical training/presentations; participation in pre-sales activities. Responsibilities include technical management of accounts; participating in the project life cycle including definition, design, software porting, reviews, bring-up and ongoing support; close collaboration with sales, partners and integrators on issue resolution; preparation and delivery of technical training/presentations; and participation in pre-sales activities.
· Experience deploying enterprise networking systems. Experience in Wi-Fi networking critical. Knowledge of networking protocols, including layers 2, 3 and 4
· Experience working with Cisco, Aruba or Fortinet network and security applications. CCIEs in Collaboration and Wireless preferred. Fortinet NSE or Aruba ACEAP or AMFX preferred.
· Knowledge of Cisco CMX, Aruba Meridian, Motorola/Zebra MPACT and other Presence Analytics tool is highly desirable.
· Experience as a FAE at a networking or infrastructure company or partner preferred.
· Strong project management abilities
· Strong desire to meet customers’ expectations
· Desire to be with customers, partners and integrators
· Ability to create and present technical presentation at public events.
· BSEE/BSCS or higher degree from an accredited university or college
· 3+ years of HW/SW development experience or highly technical support experience
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Solid knowledge of Linux (Advanced User or System Administrator level) and embedded operating systems.
· Independent, Self-motivated, Dedicated
· 30% travel required